International Needs USA Development Officer Position
Posted November 2018
Full-time (40 hrs/week), exempt
Reports to President
International Needs USA is an international ministry seeking a Development Officer. This development department team member has a strong and seasoned faith in Jesus Christ. They don’t just come to work – they view it as a calling and are “all in.” This team member is a self-starter interested in growing in the position and is energized by building relationships with people. This individual is self-directed yet functions well in a team environment. Previous experience in donor development is helpful but not required.
JOB SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates for this position must have the following:
• College graduate with at least three years of related experience.
• Heart for building relationships with donors and encouraging them.
• Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Publisher.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Familiarity and understanding of social media platforms.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Represent International Need ministry to current and prospective donors, primarily individuals, churches, and corporations.
• Personally engage donors through a variety of means such as personal visits, special events, vision trips, phone calls, and personal correspondence, with priority on face-to-face interaction.
• Help grow the donor base by discovering and developing new donor partnerships through intentional networking and research.
• Specific responsibility to raise a portion of organization’s yearly development goal.
• Manage and build relationships with 50 – 100 person donor portfolio.
• Take responsibility for growing the child assistance program through new connections and opportunities.
• Be part of strategic leadership for fundraising campaigns.
• Develop and implement best practices for Raiser’s Edge NXT database and act as RE NXT administrator.
• Run database reports, analyze data patterns, and help others understand the significance.
• Administer the donor care and thank you program.
• Work with Director of Marketing to promote ministry stories and events on Website, Facebook, and Instagram.
• Assist in the development and implementation of quarterly and yearly development goals.
• Provide leadership for specific development activities.
• Some domestic and international travel required.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by President.
BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION
Interested and qualified candidates should submit cover letter and resume to Sarah Lundberg, by December 21, 2018. Please include International Needs Development Officer in email subject line.